The Connect Center for Youth has several volunteer opportunities available for both groups and individuals:
- Volunteer in our food pantry: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:00-2:00 pm
- Help out during one of our Saturday Work Days: sign up for our mailing list to receive announcements when these are scheduled
- Hold a food drive for our pantry: collect unexpired, nonperishable goods and deliver them to the Connect Center during Pantry hours (Tuesday & Thursday 10-2 pm)
- Mentor students during one of our after-school programs, which run Tuesdays-Thursdays from 3:00-5:00 pm
- Help us package and deliver meals for students in Cohoes through our BackPack program: In conjunction with the Regional Food Bank, we provide qualifying students with healthy weekend meals to ensure that they are able to start school each week, ready to learn. There are two available Friday shifts for interested BackPack volunteers:
- From 7:30 to 8:30 am, we package dry goods and produce
- From 8:30 to 9:00 am, volunteer drivers deliver a route of 3-5 BackPacks to homes in Cohoes
- Volunteers may sign up for one or both shifts. If you have any questions or would like to sign a large group up to volunteer, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
- May 2023 signups are available here.
- June 2023 signups are available here
Have something else in mind? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
with ay questions or ideas you might have!